(Last updated December 16th, 2017)
- PoisonedParanid.com exists as an archive of publicly released works. The reason for it is that
historically, file-sharing websites disappear or stop serving files. Over the years this has
resulted in dozens or hundreds of files being lost.
- As such, we exist only as a file repository and directory to other locations where a file,
has been released publicly on the Egosoft forums or other website and shared with the community.
- We keep a copy of each file we can find and, whenever possible, include the name of the author,
and link to the extant page or website where the file was originally released.
- If there is some circumstance where the author requests payment for their file, we will not
host it as we do not wish to harm their chances of selling their work. If an author released a
file for free, and later provided a paid update, only the last free version will be stored.
- Sometimes, vast numbers of files are uploaded at once, as in the
Mirrors section. This is to preserve whole sites that once
stored files in the same way we do. Attribution for many of these files are unknown and
unknowable as the original site that hosted the files is gone.
- PoisonedParanid.com contains no advertisements, and generates no money. The site is not intended
as a commercial service, but stores files for archival and educational purposes.
- We keep the minimum required content (a copy of the file, and the author's description and their
provided screenshots if available) to provide our intended service of long-term file archival.
- With all of the above being said, we believe the storage of files on this server represents fair use
under United States copyright law.
- If a file is uploaded that contains copyrighted assets (e.g., a total conversion mod that
uses licensed models without permission), we will take down content pursuant to the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act.
- To initiate such a request, please provide PoisonedParanid.com with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work which you claim is being infringed
- The location of the material within our website
- Your address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you have good-faith belief that the disputed use is not
authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your
notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are
authorized to act on behalf of that owner
- Your electronic or physical signature
- Send all of the above information to email@example.com